good things are coming to you, in due time.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The title this week is courtesy of my perfectly timed chinese fortune cookie. :)


This week has been one for the books. Crazy hectic and filled to the brim.
I did two workouts every day (with the exception of today) like I had wanted to. I decided after writing my last mamavation post, to journal my workouts each week, with what I did and how much time was spent doing it. (I should have done the same with my food intake, but didnt think about it until yesterday. Little late, yes.)

Soooo
Monday AM- 30 Day Shred PM- elliptical for 15 minutes. Just Dance 2 for 20 minutes.
Tuesday AM- 30 Day Shred PM- elliptical for 17 minutes. Just Dance 2 for 20 minutes.
Wednesday AM- 30 Day Shred PM- Just Dance 2 for 20 minutes. Wii Fit for 20 minutes.
Thursday AM- 35 minutes of running/jogging (with the dog, so not as consistent as I would have liked.) PM- 30 Day Shred.
Friday AM- 100 Workout (thank you, Rachel!) PM- 1.5 mile walk/run with M!
Saturday AM- elliptical for 20 minutes. PM- 100 Workout

I am most excited about the fact that M is doing this next to me. He by no means needs to lose weight (heck, I'd argue the man could stand to gain some, jeez.) But, he's just as pumped about being active.

Annnddd, more exciting news from the land of Amanda.
I dance. Maybe I told you, maybe I didn't. I really don't remember (forgive me, I have mommy brain. I forget a lot, haha.) But I dance.
I've drastically cut down my dancing, because, well, life got in the way.
But here I am, dancing again. And it does an amazing thing to my self image. I feel so much better about myself when the music's on and I'm dancing. I can't really explain it. But this is a huge deal to me.

Foodwise, things are going alright. I'm slowly trying to eliminate the pop, and the easiest way for me to do so has been to make a smoothie instead of reaching for a pop. It's tough, mostly all in my head, but I'm getting there. One day at a time, I tell myself.

Things are going good, I think. It's been an up and up week!
My goals for this next week are to just keep going. No more weighing myself, all I'm focused on is feeling good.

8 comments:

Mamie February 27, 2011 at 11:36 AM   Reply to comment

Sounds like you had a good week. Do you drink pop for the caffeine? Diet coke was hard for me to give me up along with coffee. I just need some form of caffeine. I still have a cup of coffee a few times a week and once in a great while I'll have a diet coke. I drink a lot of black tea and have a list of foods to eat if I need an energy boost:)

I love that you dance. What a great way to exercise, have fun and lift your spirits.

You're doing awesome.

Have a great week.

Anonymous,  February 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM   Reply to comment

Awesome! You had such a great week and you have every right to be proud of yourself! It's important for all of us to hear that other people are proud of us, too, but most importantly -- be proud of YOU! You have totally owned it and that's so great to hear! I hope you have another awesome week ahead of you! :)

MNMSpecial February 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM   Reply to comment

I think I need to start journaling my fitness stuff, because I have come to the land of skipping it. The biggest plus for me is keeping track of my food intake. I had no clue that I was getting so many calories from the milk I drink, lol.
Looks like you are doing great and having fun too. So glad you have "M"s support, that is awesome!

Katie February 27, 2011 at 9:58 PM   Reply to comment

Wow, look at you go! I love that you're back to dancing! Keep it up!

Andrea Kruse February 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM   Reply to comment

Love Just Dance! What is your favorite song to dance to?

Good job cutting back/cutting out the soda. It is not an easy habbit to change, but it is doable! I hope you have a great week and continue to feel better and healthier.

Lena B February 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM   Reply to comment

Love your consistency. Way to GO!

Anonymous,  February 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM   Reply to comment

I'm totally in love with this post and the amazing attitude you have that compliments it! Go Amanda! Keep it up!

kia February 28, 2011 at 11:41 PM   Reply to comment

Good job getting moving this week and having your little one moving along with you. This is pretty inspiring.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP