progress makes perfection?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The scale and I have not been reacquainted in weeks, and I'm okay with that. For so long, I got hung up on the numbers. Not seeing changes, or seeing changes one week, then working twice as hard and not seeing more...it's tough. It plays tricks on your (my) mind. So I walked away. That's one friendship I'm so willing to break.

I've stuck to my two a day workout plan. It's tough, most of the time. Especially this last week. Three of my five work days, I worked 11.5 hours each day. I feel good about myself after the workouts though, knowing that I've stuck with something I've said I was gonna do. It's an amazing feeling-that kind of accomplishment.

I've also been sticking to the healthier foods. We went shopping earlier this week and I loaded the cart with healthy(-ier) foods. So, whenever we want a snack, we grab carrots, yogurt, or make a smoothie. It's quick, easy, and good.

I want to push myself a little harder this week. To step up and do more. I do the two workouts, but I find myself being lazy between. A lot of this has to do with the weather I think- it's not as easy to jump up and move around when it's cold, wet, rainy, and just gross in general outside. Hopefully the soon to be warmness changes that.

Progress, progress, progress.

11 comments:

Casey@LoveWhatIs March 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM   Reply to comment

Keep it up! I think most of life is about progress. I'm not sure there really is a destination in life. It sounds like you're making good use of your time on your journey. :-) Best wishes!

SalemMomma March 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM   Reply to comment

I have the same relationship with my scale. It's so hard to see the numbers stay the same, or even worse, rise. There are times that I'll weigh myself a couple times in a day, like that number will magically drop by 20. I'm really trying to stick to one weigh in a week.
You are making great progress, keep it going! I'll be here, cheering for you!

Lena B March 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM   Reply to comment

I've been working long hours for more than 2 weeks and it left me so exhausted. I was able to hang on for a while, but now I think if working long hours, best defense is to get as much rest as possible. Good luck this week. XO

Katie March 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM   Reply to comment

Nice job on making your goal this week. Keep your eyes on twitter for the hazing. If you can fit a bit of that in, it will help too. :)

Homemom3 March 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM   Reply to comment

Mine is currently broke so I'm not sure but I know I'm mad at mine for not telling me. But like you stated I was going nuts over it, peeking every morning to see if I gained or lost weight. So this could be a good thing. Good luck on your goals for the week.

http://homemom3.com

Rebecca B. March 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM   Reply to comment

The healthier food choices are hard sometimes... the past couple times I've been to the store I've been wanting to throw junk food in the cart, but I've resisted. And it makes it so much easier when those cravings strike. Good for you for making the good choices!!

Anonymous,  March 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM   Reply to comment

Don't let the scale get you down. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. If it were me, I would measure so that way you can see inches fade instead of concentrating on the annoying scale number :)

Have a great week

Andrea Kruse March 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM   Reply to comment

Small steps! Don't forget how much progress can come from taking small steps.

Yes, my mood is often hung up on the numbers on my scale, so I took the week away from mine. Do you have a workout log/journal or food journal? Maybe tracking would be a better way to see real progress. Focus on your eating requirements, H2O2 intake... and of course how you feel.

Best of luck this week! Keep up the healthier eating and work on feeling your best.

Shelley March 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM   Reply to comment

the scale and I have a love/hate relationship so I totally get ya there... I take measurements every couple of months and that keeps me going! Sometimes you have to REALLY celebrate the NSV (non-scale victories) so I'm glad to see you doing that! 2-a-days are worth celebrating! WTG!

MNMSpecial March 14, 2011 at 5:02 PM   Reply to comment

Way to go on taking small steps to stick with it. Keep up the good work. The snacks sound yummy too.

Amanda March 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM   Reply to comment
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP