little things make a big difference.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Somewhere along the way, we forget to appreciate the little things. We forget to stop and smell the roses, as the saying goes. (For the record, when I say "we" really, I'm just talking about myself...)
We don't look at the little, day to day things that should bring us a smile, or better yet, happiness. We don't acknowledge others like we should. Mostly, we just exist; each day passes by and really, that's it.
There are so many amazing things happening everyday and we take it all for granted. We sit idle, and let them go by.
The world's a beautiful masterpiece, if we just open our eyes and take a peek:
The way sunshine hits my face. Or, the way concrete feels beneath my bare feet on a summer day. The way the air smells on a beautiful fall afternoon. The way Hailey whispers "I love you, mommy," in such a pronounced way.
Strawberry milkshakes. Wrapping paper, stars, and polka dots. Good morning text messages just when I need them most. Finding something I absolutely love in Target's Dollar section. Toothy baby grins.
When a coworker, friend, or even stranger smiles and waves, just when I need it most. When my favorite song comes on the radio. Forehead kisses, cuddling long after the sun has set. The beach. A second glance and a smile. Random emails just to say hi.
Writing. Dancing. Music, in general. Babies. Potty training (on the good days, of course!) Art, in its own beauty.

Love.
It really is in the little things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP