weight, recipes, and more!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I’m a very visual person, not in every case, but certainly in situations involving weight loss. I’ve worked so hard [okay, I’ll admit, not nearly as hard as I should be working] this last month and a half, and the results were, I felt, unnoticeable.
And then, yesterday morning [when I woke up at five thirty, yeah, my thoughts too] I did a wii fit workout to wake up. And bam, 3 pounds down since I first started [Christmas Eve morning] this round of working out. 3 pounds isn’t much, and I can’t visibly notice it, but seeing the three pound difference on the tv screen, it’s quite butterflies-in-the-tummy feeling.

My 30dayshred dvd stopped working on me, so that workout is out the door for the time being. Instead, I’ve been improvising; jumping jacks, sit ups, pushups, all the stuff I’ve never really been a fan of. This morning, before church, the boy made me a deal; for every one I did, he did three. It definitely helped, having a partner working next to me.
My biggest goals, as always, are to work on eating healthier foods. I’m not much of a cook [i.e. I very rarely cook] so usually we turn to quick easy, not so good for you foods. Yummy meals are definitely in my near future; any suggestions, offer them up now!
This is a really lame Mamavation Monday post, but here I am falling asleep.
So instead, I’ll post another Mamavation post sometime throughout the week :)

8 comments:

Lena B January 16, 2011 at 9:49 PM   Reply to comment

Good job on the loss. Don't give up - keep working it. We are here to help

Andrea Kruse January 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM   Reply to comment

Hey, 3 lbs is worth a celebration! Every pound gets you closer to your goal.

So great to have a training partner. Enjoy the the burn and fun. Have a great week and good luck with your goals.

Anonymous,  January 17, 2011 at 8:25 AM   Reply to comment

Hey! CONGRATS on the 3 pounds! That's fantastic.

Erin Patrick January 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM   Reply to comment

Three pounds is awesome!! I celebrate each and every pound because it isn't easy! So good for you!

Shelley January 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM   Reply to comment

Personally, I don't think this is a Lame Mamavation Monday post AT ALL! I love seeing the Ah-Ha moments! 3 lbs since Christmas is AWESOME!!! If you aren't celebrating, I'll gladly do the **happy-dance*** for ya! WTG!!!

Anonymous,  January 17, 2011 at 4:08 PM   Reply to comment

Here's a link to watch the shred online: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UgpuDex8Iuo/"> :) Now no excuse!

Congrats on the 3lb loss - that's fantastic!

Have a great week.

Angela @ Nine More Months January 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM   Reply to comment

The Wii fit is also a great option for working out while you don't have your DVD. As for food, I am pretty good at whipping up healthy meals quickly. No more Hamburger Helper!

gretablau January 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM   Reply to comment

I'm also not a good cook, or at least not very experienced. I've been loving some stir fries and soba noodles!

The soba noodles cook according to package and make sure you rinse them off at the end or they stick together.

Veggies - I had broccoli and onions last night. Put about a Tbsp of oil in a pan, put in the onions and broccoli, put heat on about 7. Cook them up until broccoli has a really nice, bright green color, then you can mix the noodles in. I also put in a tsp of soy sauce and a tsp of peanut oil. You want to make a lot of the broccoli so you're not having all of that oil in one serving.

One cup of soba noodles and as much of the veggies is how to eat it!

So the weight loss, who cares how much it is! You did it! 3 pounds is great though!! Good job!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP