Mamavation Monday [er, Tuesday?]

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little late, but hey, I'm new to this, and besides better late than never, right? Right.

A friend of mine listed a series of resolutions she had for the new year and one of them was Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I've never been one to make resolutions, but hey, I'll take some healthy changes any day of the year.

A month or so ago, I started doing daily workouts using the Wii Fit program; it's easy, and fun. My three year old does all the exercises next to me, which is always a plus.
And now, I've added in the daily workout from the 30 day shred video.
It's not easy, but totally worth it.

The gym scene has never really worked for me. I don't have the time, between school, work, and the kiddo. Getting someone to watch her while I take time for myself at the gym just isn't happening, so instead, the wii points me in the right direction. Either she does the exercises with me, or I do it all once she's in bed.

Another "goal" I have is to start eating healthier. Not really go on a "diet," I just want to eat what's good for me --more fruits, veggies, and eventually be able to be pop free.

Mostly, I want to feel good about myself.
One day at a time.


5 comments:

Shelley January 11, 2011 at 1:36 PM   Reply to comment

What fantastic goals! I love when my kiddos work out with me too because its a great way to combine fitness and family time! I have to balance home, work, & school too so I can totally understand the juggling act it requires! Good luck this week and remember to take baby steps when making changes - it's the best way to make sure it sticks :)

Shelley
@momma_oz
http://www.slightly-off-kilter.com

Anonymous,  January 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM   Reply to comment

Amanda, I am so glad you listened to me & joined Mamavation!! You will LOVE it!! :) You should follow all of these awesome girls on twitter!

You can do it!! I am here to support you every step of the way!

Momma_oz is awesome! LOVE her! :)

Amanda January 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM   Reply to comment

Shelley, thanks so much! I'm so excited, I'm dying to jump into this, but I know baby steps are the best way to go about it.

And Rach, thank you for the suggestion, and the amazing support. I'm so pumped to do this all, virtually, with you by my side!

Andrea Kruse January 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM   Reply to comment

Welcome to this fabulous Sistahood! It is such a supportive community.

I love my Wii Fit, too... Shred is kicking my behind, but so is the EA Sports Active 2. Lol.

Moms have to balance so much. You are never alone and if you feel overwhelmed or need energy, just tweet for support (#mamavation)

Have a great week! - @notimeMom

Anjanette Young January 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM   Reply to comment

I love the wii work outs its a blast... I understand about the gym, it has been hard for me too. I have 5 kiddos..

Your doing great, keep it up.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP